From using last-minute mobile deals to combating slow days by providing special offers through Facebook, more franchises are not only embracing social media but seeing real results from it. Although plenty of franchises have integrated social media into their core marketing strategy, it wasn’t long ago when this type of adoption was rare. Continue reading
Over the past few years, social media has evolved from something that franchises viewed as helpful to an essential part of marketing. This is true for franchise owners who want to reach more customers. It’s also true for franchisors looking for potential franchisees. There are several reasons why social media has grown into such a powerful marketing channel. Not only can social media deliver an impressive ROI when managed correctly, but it also offers a level of targeting that’s simply not possible through other channels. Add to that just how much time people from all walks of life spend on social media platforms, and it’s easy to understand why social media as a marketing channel is here to stay. Continue reading
Successful social media marketing can be a challenge for any type of business. But this task can be especially challenging for franchises. One of the reasons is that it can be difficult for a franchise to strike the right balance between maintaining a consistent brand identity and giving individual locations their own personality.
Although franchise social media marketing can be quite challenging, there are ways to make it work. Proven social media marketing tips for franchises that work and will continue to be effective include:
1. Creating Content Guidelines
Franchisees get a lot of value out of being part of a larger brand. Since there is value in that association, most franchisees don’t have any problem following guidelines that help them stay in line with the brand. At the same time, it’s helpful for franchisees to have a way to showcase the personality of their location. Doing so helps to create connections with both existing and potential customers. The best way to achieve both objectives is to create and issue content guidelines. By creating a type of map or blueprint for franchisees to follow, they can add their own flair to the brand’s existing identity.
2. Make Consistency a Priority
Consistency is something that will improve any type of franchise marketing services. It can be possible to build some momentum on social without much consistency. That being said, social media efforts are almost always going to be more successful when they’re done on a consistent basis. Consistency helps to create a type of snowball that increases both the reach and engagement franchisees are able to achieve through social.
3. Give Franchisees the Ability to Measure Their Efforts
Testing is an integral part of online marketing for a franchise. That’s just as true of social as it is for other channels, which is why it’s very important to give franchisees the ability to test different things and easily see the results. One interesting thing about the nature of social media is what works great for one franchise location may not be ideal for another. By creating a culture that encourages testing, you can empower individual franchise owners to be proactive about figuring out what works best for them on social. Not only can this information then help make social media marketing stronger across an entire organization, but it will also provide starting points that other franchisees can refine through their own testing efforts.
Whether your franchise is already doing social media marketing or you’re trying to get this initiative off the ground if you want expert guidance to help ensure that all your efforts are as effective as possible, learn more about how Franchise Success Team can help your organization.
Michelle has been a franchise advisor for 15+ years. She also holds a valuable Internet Marketing Degree – however, with the ever-changing world of web marketing she strives to learn something new every day. Michelle can help you develop marketing, sales, and lead generation strategies that produce real results.
Michelle Hummel is CEO of Web Strategy Plus a full-service digital marketing agency focused on Franchise Marketing. She was recently nominated for the Woman-Owned Business of the Year! She’s a passionate Social Media Trainer with 15+ years of successful online business development, sales, and marketing experience.
She travels Nationwide visiting her 22 Social Media Enthusiasts Chapters she developed Nationwide delivering in-depth social media training. She also provides Social Media Certifications through founding Web Media University. A current contributing editor to The Franchise Dictionary Magazine and she has written 3 books in her series called, “The Social Media Magnet: Everything You Need to Know to Attract Customers with Social Media”, where she shares her best-kept secrets to success. She also specializes in helping Franchisors and Franchisees develop an integrated web marketing program to drive leads. She’s available for interviews via email, telephone, Skype video, news segments on location, and more. Just let her know how she can help!
Here’s What to Expect in Your Social Media Bootcamp Training Program
Session #1 – Targeted Marketing Strategies 9am – 12pm
- Introduction to the Social Media Management role, best practices, tools and must-have resources
- Learn secret strategies to find your target audience on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Google Plus
- See how easy it is to discover Key Influencers on social media and develop strategic relationships to help grow your business
- Learn how to easily monitor Facebook and Twitter conversations with targeted keywords to find your customers
- Learn how to create Twitter leads lists and import them into the Send Social Media Management dashboard for monitoring and engagement
- Classroom Work: You will create your Targeted Marketing Profiles
LUNCH BREAK AS NEEDED 11am – 12pm
BREAKOUT, Q&A WITH TEACHER, 11:30am – 12pm
Session #2 – Develop Your Content Marketing Strategy 12pm – 2:30pm
- Introduction on how to develop a magnetic content marketing strategy to attract customers to your brand
- Learn how to build social media followers fast and inspire them to become Brand Advocates
- We will review best practices and give you several great ideas you can use for your content strategy
- Learn how you can use tools like Send Social Media and Feed.ly to quickly find quality content
- You will be provided with a Social Media Marketing Calendar template which you will use to start building your own strategy
- Classroom Work: You will create your Social Media Marketing Calendar
BREAKOUT, Q&A WITH TEACHER, 2:30pm – 3pm
Session #3 – Execute Your Content Marketing Strategy 3pm – 5pm
- Introduction on how to use the Send Social Media Management Dashboard
- How to add and manage your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Instagram, Foursquare, YouTube, WordPress and Pinterest
- How to setup your Twitter Welcome Tweets, List, Searches, Retweets and AutoReplies
- How to create an Email and SMS Mobile marketing campaign
- How to optimize your social media posts – best time to post, repeat your posts, add lead generation links, create custom designs, add videos & automate your RSS feed
- How to pull reports to optimize your social media strategies
- Classroom Work: You will input your Social Media Content into the posting dashboard
In-Depth, Industry Specific Training
We will review your homework and provide answers to specific questions that relate to your Industry. We will deliver in-depth training and help you understand the Social Media Tools that are right for your business.
Social Media Certification and Free Bonuses
Take our final exam to prove you are a social media expert in your Industry. We will provide you with a badge you can proudly display on your LinkedIn profile and add to your website. You will also get the following:
1 MONTH FREE access to WebMediaUniversity.com, $197 value