Regardless of their specific industry, most businesses have come to the realization that they need to utilize social media. While that rule of thumb holds true for franchises, it’s important to note that they do present some unique challenges. Although it’s important to be aware of the considerations that apply directly to franchisee social media usage, the good news is once you know about those specific issues, you can adapt and ensure you’re making the most of your marketing strategy. Continue reading
SEO stands for search engine optimization. At its core, this practice is simply a way to ensure that a business website shows up in the top group of results when someone searches for a relevant keyword phrase. Because Google is always evolving, the best practices for SEO in 2018 look quite different than even a few years ago.
To help ensure that you’re on the right track with SEO, we want to cover the 5 steps for franchise SEO success during the upcoming year:
1. Start with Key Pages
Franchisors often get overwhelmed by the prospect of diving into all of their SEO needs. That’s why we recommend starting with your most important pages. Good starting points include your homepage, About Us, main blog page and product/service pages. Investing time and resources to get these pages right can then be leveraged as a template for all other pages and online properties.
2. Create a Strong Online Footprint
The best rankings come from having a balanced and widespread online footprint. Instead of falling into the trap of chasing shortcuts, focus on ways to spread the word about your franchise online. More people knowing about your franchise will result in more people talking about it, which in turn will naturally generate the types of links that are so vital for ranking well in Google.
3. Optimize Location Pages
Some franchises have sub-pages for different locations. Others use individual websites for each location. And plenty of franchises take a hybrid approach. Regardless of where you fall on this spectrum, you’ll want to be sure that customers in each target market are able to easily find local franchises online.
4. Understand Local
This ties directly into the above point. The way that Google ranks and displays local search results differs from general queries. As more people do searches from their mobile phones, fully understanding local has become even more important. One of the main things to keep in mind is that Google wants to verify that businesses have a local presence. NAP (name, address and phone number) citations are a key way they measure this. Ensuring NAP consistency across all major directories will help local rankings a lot.
5. Grab the Long Tail
The long tail refers to keyword phrases that are highly targeted but don’t get a ton of search volume. What makes the long tail so appealing is there’s less competition to rank in the first few spots. These highly targeted keyword phrases also have clear intent, which makes them great for converting searchers into actual customers. Integrating long tail content into your SEO strategy is a very smart choice for 2018.
If you want expert help creating the right SEO plan and putting it into practice during 2018, be sure to take a look at how Web Strategy Plus can help.
Michelle Hummel is CEO of Web Strategy Plus a full-service digital marketing agency focused on Franchise Marketing. She was recently nominated for the Woman-Owned Business of the Year! She’s a passionate Social Media Trainer with 15+ years of successful online business development, sales, and marketing experience. She also holds a valuable Internet Marketing Degree however with the ever-changing world of web marketing she strives to learn something new every day.
She travels Nationwide visiting her 22 Social Media Enthusiasts Chapters she developed Nationwide delivering in-depth social media training. She also provides Social Media Certifications through founding Web Media University. A current contributing editor to The Franchise Dictionary Magazine and she has written 3 books in her series called, “The Social Media Magnet: Everything You Need to Know to Attract Customers with Social Media”, where she shares her best-kept secrets to success. She also specializes in helping Franchisors and Franchisees develop an integrated web marketing program to drive leads. She’s available for interviews via email, telephone, Skype video, news segments on location and more. Just let her know how she can help!
It’s amazing how many organizations and businesses still don’t use a Social Media Management Dashboard. When I say that it’s amazing, I really mean that. Any franchisor that does not already understand that social media is the key to their future success has essentially hung out the “closed for business” sign and is waiting for someone to tell them. With the myriad of networks out there that need to be worked and monitored, there are only two viable options: have a large staff devoted to social media or get the software to take care of your social media tracking. Continue reading
Most franchisees are already aware that they need a strong marketing message. However, there’s often a significant disconnect between crafting the right message and having an audience to deliver it to. The reality of the franchise industry is very few sales happen by accident. Instead, the types of franchisors that are able to consistently sell new franchises do so by having a clear marketing plan that’s carefully crafted to attract a specific type of prospect. Continue reading
Marketing programs are an important part of franchising. Collecting funds from the different franchisees in a system can lead to greater marketing power. On the other hand, this type of policy can cause tension if some people feel that the money is not being spent the way it should be. That is why you need to make sure that your company’s marketing system is rock solid. Here are some key qualities of a great franchise marketing program: Continue reading
Attend Anywhere In the World!!
PLEASE HURRY, THIS WILL SELL OUT!!
Use PROMO CODE – WSP – to get $50 off your order for a limited time!
Social Media Boot Camp training will be from 9am to 5pm EST (with breaks)
Here’s What to Expect in Your Social Media Bootcamp Training Program
Session #1 – Targeted Marketing Strategies 9am – 11am
- Introduction to the Social Media Management role, best practices, tools and must-have resources
- Learn secret strategies to find your target audience on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Google Plus
- See how easy it is to discover Key Influencers on social media and develop strategic relationships to help grow your business
- Learn how to easily monitor Facebook and Twitter conversations with targeted keywords to find your customers
- Learn how to create Twitter leads lists and import them into the Send Social Media Management dashboard for monitoring and engagement
- Classroom Work: You will create your Targeted Marketing Profiles
LUNCH BREAK AS NEEDED 11am – 12pm
BREAKOUT, Q&A WITH TEACHER, 11:30am – 12pm
Session #2 – Develop Your Content Marketing Strategy 12pm – 2:30pm
- Introduction on how to develop a magnetic content marketing strategy to attract customers to your brand
- Learn how to build social media followers fast and inspire them to become Brand Advocates
- We will review best practices and give you several great ideas you can use for your content strategy
- Learn how you can use tools like Send Social Media and Feed.ly to quickly find quality content
- You will be provided with a Social Media Marketing Calendar template which you will use to start building your own strategy
- Classroom Work: You will create your Social Media Marketing Calendar
BREAKOUT, Q&A WITH TEACHER, 2:30pm – 3pm
Session #3 – Execute Your Content Marketing Strategy 3pm – 5pm
- Introduction on how to use the Send Social Media Management Dashboard
- How to add and manage your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Instagram, Foursquare, YouTube, WordPress and Pinterest
- How to set up your Twitter Welcome Tweets, List, Searches, Retweets and AutoReplies
- How to create an Email and SMS Mobile marketing campaign
- How to optimize your social media posts – the best time to post, repeat your posts, add lead generation links, create custom designs, add videos & automate your RSS feed
- How to pull reports to optimize your social media strategies
- Classroom Work: You will input your Social Media Content into the posting dashboard
In-Depth, Industry Specific Training
We will review your homework and provide answers to specific questions that relate to your Industry. We will deliver in-depth training and help you understand the Social Media Tools that are right for your business.
Industries we specialize in for Social Media Training:
Real Estate/Realtors/Home Builders
Want To Learn How Social Media Can Help Your Business Increase Sales And Generate Leads?
RSVP to our event!
“How To Successfully Grow Your Business With Social Media”
Presented by: Michelle Hummel, CEO of Web Strategy Plus
Join us for a fun networking and learn session where we will show you exactly how to grow your business with proven Social Media Marketing techniques you can implement right away!
Dinner will be provided so bring yourself, a friend, business cards and your think tank to this fun and engaging learning session. We will be giving away Door Prizes and one lucky winner will receive a $1,500 value Social Media Makeover!